Early Years Foundation Stage
Our aims (as stated in our EYFS Prospectus):
- All staff and children foster the philosophy of the school’s inclusive learning environments and use of the School’s ‘Golden Rules’ and ‘Learning Ladybird’, to ensure we develop an understanding of what we are learning and why!
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
- Develop an understanding of the Christian faith and values.
- Promote the Christian ethos in everyday practice.
- The EYFS pupils add to the life and well being of the school and wider community, building upon our close relationship with the Parish Church.
- Strong transition arrangements for children entering each phase of the EYFS, ensuring their ‘Learning Readiness’ as they travel through their educational journey.
As a church school we follow the Cornwall RE syllabus, we try to give the children a broad background to the Christian faith, we also consider a range of cultures and traditions celebrated around the world. This will encourage our children to be aware of and be sensitive to cultures other than their own.
We also teach core learning skills which enable children to build their skills and capabilities to improve their learning and performance. These skills are not just in the classroom but also in everyday life. We consider these skills to be so important that some sessions will be focused exclusively on developing these skills. They will also be taught in a cross curricular way. These skills are linked to our core values:
- Prodigal Son-Forgiveness
- The Good Samaritan- Compassion
The values are embedded throughout the school, we think about them in our teaching, learning and behaviour.